[omniORB] OmniOrb and MSVC

Helge Penne Helge.Penne@datarespons.no
Mon, 10 May 1999 14:08:35 +0200

BoundsChecker detects a number of memory leaks in an application that I'm
developing.  It seems to be memory that is allocated by omniORB during
startup, and not deallocated when the application shuts down.

Most of my leaks are blocks that are allocated either before the main()
function is called, or during ORB_init or BOA_init.  I suspect that the
problem is that omniORB does not release all its allocated memory when the
application shuts down.  A lot of tool implementors are guilty of not caring
too much about memory cleanup.

My second theory is that the application has allocated some omniORB managed
object that does not have a reference count of zero when the application
terminates, and that this prevents omniORB from releasing its resources.

- Helge