[omniORB] Getting the "marker" from an CORBA::Object_ptr

Frank Lynch flynch@emhain.wit.ie
Fri, 7 May 1999 15:17:16 +0100 (IST)

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Mikhail Soukhanov wrote:
> > Alternately, is there a way to extract the object key from the IOR?  I
> > like this idea much less, but I'll take just about anything!

It is nice and easy to extract object keys from IOR in omni, you simply
use the _key() method, which returns a objectKey data structure,
you will then have to convert this to a sequence of octets, Its all in
the omniORB users guide.

In orbix you can use the _marker method to set the marker name, there
dosen't appear to be such a feature in omni, but you can set the object
key when you construct the object.

Hope this helps,
Frank Lynch