[omniORB] Bug with same name interface inheritance

Dietmar May dcmay@object-workshops.com
Fri, 7 May 1999 00:38:17 -0400

Chris,

> An implementation of the ClientTest::Broker interface in the following
> IDL file will cause omniorb 2.7.1 to crash with a stack overflow error on
> my Windows NT 4.0 SP3 + VC 5.0 SP1 setup:

Check the mailing archives for the following subjects:

[omniORB] MSVC 6.0 bug with inheritance across namespaces (modules) (Jun 98)
[omniORB] Bug with same name interface inheritance (Apr 99)

Sai-Lai,

> Back to the inheritance namespace bug, we have put the fix Dietmar May has
> suggested for the special case he mentioned. It is an ugly workaround I do
> not want to be used for a general case.

This sounds like it may be the same type of problem. Perhaps it will be necessary to make the bug fix more general after all???

Best regards,
Dietmar May                               Object Workshops, Inc.
Software Architect                        PO Box 597
dcmay@object-workshops.com                Wytheville, VA 24382
(540) 223-1145 x124                       (540) 223-1241 FAX
                                          http://www.object-workshops.com