[omniORB] IIOP Security (SSL)

Eric Dumas dumas@gandalf.freenix.org
Thu, 6 May 1999 15:22:55 -0700

In article <2B0D2C61F27AD111B62D00A0C9726A13786D37@xlvmail.xlvision.com> you wrote:
> The only solution we have come up with to date, is to use a port redirector
> (supplied by Phaos) to direct all of the orb output to a secure socket. We
> would like to use something built into the ORB but have been unable to find
> any information on how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

	In fact, this is close to the solution we have adopted to
encapsulate the GIOP protocol in HTTP (and HTTP/SSL). The startup is
to create a new thread which bind a new socket. The TCPSocketMTFactory
has been modified (few lines) in order to forward data to the binded
socket (with a small handshake). The binded thread, or proxy, will
create a new thread which will take care of the communication. This is
nice because HTTP requires serialize operation (write(data) followed
by read(answer)).

	The code source will be released in some weeks...

--
                        Éric Dumas (dumas@tumbleweed.com)
           Tumbleweed Software, 2010 Broadway, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA