[omniORB] omniORB_2.7.1 changes for AIX 4.3 + xlc 3.6.4.0

Mark D. Landry mdlandry@lincoln.midcoast.com
Tue, 04 May 1999 11:30:36 -0400

b.keeping@ic.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am watching this thread with interest, because I am about to have
> another go at porting some software to AIX 4.2 - I previously gave up
> with omniORB 2.6!

Don't give up, it's well worth the effort.

> A pedantic point: surely there should be a
> mk/platforms/powerpc_aix_4.3.mk file for you to use on 4.3 rather than
> putting things into the 4.2 version that might not work (and a
> 4.3_egcs as well I guess!).

Yes, certainly. I copied powerpc_aix_4.2.mk to powerpc_aix_4.3.mk before
making any changes. (Developers:  how should changes like this be
incorporated into the "official" omniORB source?)

> I will send again this week with news on whether your proposed changes
> were needed and/or usable on 4.2. We can't change to 4.3 right now
> unfortunately!
>
> Ben Keeping
> Imperial College
> London

What problems are you having with 4.2 and what compiler are you using?