[omniORB] omniORB_2.7.1 changes for AIX 4.3 + xlc 3.6.4.0

b.keeping@ic.ac.uk b.keeping@ic.ac.uk
Tue, 4 May 1999 15:21:43 +0100

Hi,

I am watching this thread with interest, because I am about to have
another go at porting some software to AIX 4.2 - I previously gave up
with omniORB 2.6!

A pedantic point: surely there should be a
mk/platforms/powerpc_aix_4.3.mk file for you to use on 4.3 rather than
putting things into the 4.2 version that might not work (and a
4.3_egcs as well I guess!).

I will send again this week with news on whether your proposed changes
were needed and/or usable on 4.2. We can't change to 4.3 right now
unfortunately!

Ben Keeping
Imperial College
London