[omniORB] Using onmiNames with a Java client.

Tue, 04 May 1999 12:13:33 +0100

On Tuesday 4 May, Mark Howells wrote:

> I'm trying to use the omniNames naming service with a java client (built
> using javaORB from dog - http://www.multimania.com/dogweb and I get object
> not found errors) The initial resolution file points to the omniNames server
> PC and is asking for "IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext:1.0" .
>
> Does anyone know why omniNames doesn't understand this request?  Is what
> name _should_ I use for the naming context?

What exactly is the problem you are having?  The IDL:omg.org... thing
is the Repository ID of the root naming context. The IOR printed out
by omniNames when it starts up is of this type. Giving that IOR to
another ORB should work fine.