[omniORB] how do you make omniidl2 include files when compiling *.idl files

Keith Olivares keith@javtech.com
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:29:46 -0500

Greetings:

I am running omniORB 2.71 on WinNT40 SP4.  I'd like to know how to compile a
*.idl files using omniidl2 and allow me to have the the results include
other *.idl files.  The parent idl file does have the #include "*.idl"
defined in it..  For example, I want to compile run.idl and include the
functions defined in jump.idl.  run.idl has the #include "jump.idl" defined
in it.  In Orbix 2.3c, I could use the command "idl -N run.idl ".  This
would create the *hh and *.cpp files and include jump.idl.  How would you do
that for omniORB?  Do I have to compile each file individually?  Neither the
user's guide nor the omniidl2 flags show any information for this procedure.
Also, is it possible to have omniidl generate the *.hh and *.cpp files into
another directory like an output directory?

Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards,

Keith Olivares

Keith Joseph B. Olivares