[omniORB] Does OmniORB have an impl rep

Lars von Wedel lvw@kazul
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:43:08 +0100

Hi folks,

I thought about something like this a few days ago. It would be nice
to have the following two things (just as a proposal):

 - a fully CORBA compliant Repository, just like a naming service,
   not proprietary like the Orbix (...) bind calls

 - dynamic handling of object reference (external reference counting).
   Servers can shutdown themselves as soon as they are no longer
   needed, probably with an additional timeout. The repository should
   be able to restart a server dynamically upon the next request.

Any other ideas?

Lars