[omniORB] Using -fsimple for Solaris compiles

Saroj Mahapatra saroj@bear.com
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:56:32 -0500

David Riddoch wrote:

> Terry,
>
> I think this option was used to prevent an aggressive optimisation which
> caused the memory layout of structures to change.  I say "was", because it
> may not apply with version of the compiler we're using now - there is
> nothing to that effect in the man page.
>
> Please go ahead and try removing this option.  Let us know if it works!
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Terry A. Lee wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am interested in learning the reason for using the
> > -fsimple Solaris compile option relative to building omniORB
> > client and server applications. Is it required? Why is it
> > included in the make template?

-fsimple[=n] has nothing to do with memory layout. It affects floating-point
optimization.   You can read more detail about it in  http://docs.sun.com

-- Saroj

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.