[omniORB] MARSHAL Exception with Visibroker/Java and Any

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:01:55 -0500

In Message <36EBE7F9.223D@c-lab.de> ,
   Jan Lessner <jan@c-lab.de> wrote:

=>Gary,
=>>    I'm seeing a problem when trying to have a Visibroker/Java process
=>> send an Any-encoded struct to an OmniORB process. Running it through
=>> the debugger I'm seeing that it is dying while trying to unmarshall the
=>> typecode. I believe I have all the appropriate patches applied. The
=>> CORBA::MARSHAL exception is being raised in
=>> ...
=>>    Has anyone else seem anything like this? It could certainly be a
=>> Visibroker/Java problem, but with all the new Any code in 2.7.0, I tend
=>> to suspect OmniORB.
=>A little late, but just to let you know:
=>We also encountered problems with Any unmarshalling in a VisiBroker JAVA
=>client which in our case contains octet sequences. From our
=>investigations it seems to be related with Netscape's built-in
=>VisiBroker libs which seem to a pretty old version of that software.
=>Everything works fine e.g. with a stand-alone VisiBroker JAVA client,
=>with an omniORB client, a VisiBroker server (C++ or JAVA) etc. Any
=>combinations works accept a Webclient using Netscapes VisiBroker
=>classes.

   Thanks. We aren't using Netscape's VisiBroker Java, but it is
certainly possible that we are using a version that old. It is
definitely something I will be looking into.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories