[omniORB] MacOS Port

Stephen Coy stevec@cia.com.au
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 23:18:29 +1100

Hi,

I am a significant part of the way through a port of omniORB 2 for MacOS.

The port uses standard MacOS threads and Open Transport (which has an
xti-like api). The development environment is Metrowerks Codewarrior.
However, you will need to use one of the other supported platforms (linux,
NT, etc) to compile IDL files for now.

At present, I have all of the "echo" examples working Mac->Mac, Mac->Linux
and Linux->Mac.

I am looking for advice on the best way to present this so that others can
make use of it and (hopefully) contribute some constructive criticism. At
the moment, I am considering posting an archive on my web site containing
the Mac only source/project files, plus the half dozen or so files from the
distribution that have necessarily been changed.

However, I would like to work towards merging it into the standard omniORB
release.

Currently, there is a dearth of freely available ORBs for the Mac.
Hopefully, this will help rectify the situation.

Thanks,

Steve Coy