[omniORB] IDL compiler SOLARIS -- LINUX

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
04 Mar 1999 14:00:31 +0000

> if I run omniidl2 -E on the idl file , then I get no error messages, but
> the differences between the output on linux and sun are that in the sun
> version there are still '///////////////////////////////////' in the
> output (comes from comments in the IDL file, eg under module is there a
> //////////) and in the linux version not, and on sun the included files
> are noted by "./inettla.idl" where in the linux version the ./ isn't
> there.
> The line numbers that the omniidl2 compiler returns, how can I find them
> (because it's with included idl files and the line numbers are greater
> than  the number of lines in 1 file) ?

> Should I use the GNU preprocessor on sun ?

I don't see why this is causing you problems. Even if the pre-processor
leave the comments in its output, the compiler front-end is equiped to
ignore both /* and // comments.

If you can post the IDLs so that we can reproduce the problem, we might be
in a better position to offer advice.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com