[omniORB] IDL compiler SOLARIS -- LINUX

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 09:40:41 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Brecht,

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Brecht Vermeulen wrote:

> I've noticed some strange thins, I've got a project that's running fine
> for the moment on omniORB 2.7.0 on Linux and Orbix 2.2MT on Solaris 2.6
> together and now I've downloaded omniORB for Solaris, but the same IDL
> files give now an error on omniORB 2.7.0 on Solaris.
>

> /home/stud/bvermeul/SUN_OMNIORB/omniORB_2.7.0/bin/sun4_sosV_5.6/omniidl2:
> "./inettla.idl", line 47: Statement can not be parsed
>
> There are some included files in the IDL file inettla_tcpip.idl, and
> inettla.idl is one of them.
> This error repeats 14 times.
>
> This error occurred with the precompiled binaries.
> Even if I recompile the whole omniORB on Solaris it doesn't work (well, in
> fact the compilation exits on the compilation of omniNames too, but this
> is now not the problem :-) )
>
> Are the linux and the solaris version not identical ?

Yes they are (supposed to be) identical.

However omniidl2 passes the IDL through your local C preprocessor before
parsing it - so this may well be causing the 'different' behaviour.

Have a look at the preprocessed output (using omniidl2 option -E), see if
that gives any hints.

Hope that helps,
David