[omniORB] Naming Server

Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:57:23 -0500

Is it possible that your server application has already finished
executing since you used the non-blocking call on impl_is_ready?
This would account for the COMM_FAILURE.

Using boa->impl_is_ready(0,1) tells the ORB that the BOA call is
non-blocking.  The main thread continues after impl_is_ready.
(Refer to discussion about "line 5" in paragraph 2.7.2, Object
Initialization in the omniORB User's Guide.)

You also did not note if the client/server/Name Service were
colocated.  The ORBInitialHost and ORBInitialPort entries in the
omniORB.cfg will need to be set if the Name Service is on a different
machine.

You might also want to run with -ORBtracelevel 20 in order to gain
more insight as what's going on.

Hey, it's a stab in the dark...
--- becs

From: Hai Wang <wangh@Teltec.DCU.IE> on 06/28/99 10:24 GMT

Please respond to Hai Wang <wangh@Teltec.DCU.IE>

To:   djr@uk.research.att.com
cc:   omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com (bcc: Rebecca A Sanford/GDIS/GDYN)
Subject:  Re: [omniORB] Naming Server

Hi David,
     Thanks for your reply, I have compared "IOR"s by using both catior and
stringified version. By using stringified version, the result is different as I
guess. In catior case, the IP addresses for IORs are the same but the port
number is different. Thats why the call to the function of object reference
threw a COMM_Failure out. I really don't know where the problem could be.

Once again, thanks for your kind help!

Hai