[omniORB] AIX 4.2 problem du semaine.

PJ McKenna pj.mckenna@datalex.ie
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:14:09 +0100

Folks,
  While compiling the omniorb libraries I came across a problem.
  When linking, I get errors of the following kind:

ld: 0711-228 WARNING: Duplicate symbols were found while resolving symbols.
        The following duplicates were found:
 Symbol                    Source-File(Object) OR Import-File{Shared-object}
 ------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
 .operator>>=(unsigned char,MemBufferedStream&) ../typecode.cc(typecode.o)
    ** Duplicate **        ../tcParser.cc(tcParser.o)
    ** Duplicate **        ../dynAny.cc(dynAny.o)

  ... and so on for the other MemBufferedStream and NetBufferedStream
operators.
  There's a similar problem-report in the archives for AIX 4.3
http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/1998-12/0059.html

  The bufferedStream.h file specifies the functions which are duplicated
because they are "instantiated" in several object files.  Perhaps the linker
isn't too smart?

  So, any ideas?

  -P.J.