[omniORB] Calling obj_is_ready

Armen Yampolsky ayampolsky@erols.com
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:10:47 -0400

Hi,

I am wondering, just out of curiousity, and also to understand the CORBA
spec a little better, why ORB vendors do not call obj_is_ready from the
constructor of the servant's generated superclass? I have come across
postings from Michi Henning in which he actually recommends making the
call from the constructor of the implementation class. So I was
wondering why, by extension, it isn't simply done by the generated
class, removing that task from the implementation programmer. As far as
I can tell, there is no way that the servant could be referenced by the
client prior to the completion of its constructor anyway. What am I
missing?

Cheers,
-Armen