[omniORB] deadlock-problem under AIX

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:08:28 -0400

In Message <29215.199906241441@ultra11.ps.ic.ac.uk> ,
   b.keeping@ic.ac.uk wrote:

=>      Admittedly we are using some other tricks at the same time like
=>dynamic loading of shared objects --- see my message to this group
=>months ago which produced no response! --- but these work fine on
=>several other operating systems.

   I think you'll find that the shared objects were the real issue.
AIX's idea of shared objects are rather different from everyone else's
(except maybe Windows'; I think they are a bit similar), and it is a
bit of work to get them right. The AIX 4.2 pthreads are an old draft
version (7 or 8) but they appear to operate fine once xlC.rte has been
upgraded to 3.1.4.7. (Otherwise it just won't run.)

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories