[omniORB] Help with gdb, please !!!

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:51:03 +0000

Guido Piasenza wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just upgraded a perfectly running RedHat 5.2 system to a
> much-less-perfectly running RedHat 6.0.
> I compiled OmniOrb 2.7.1 on that platform specifying linux 2.0 (not
> egcs; trying to specify egcs as a target platoform fails the compile).
> Anyway, all seems to be running properly, the samples compile and run
> successfully.
> However, as soon as I try to load an executable which links with OmniOrb
> with gdb, I get a segmentation fault in gdb itself.
> Anybody else has found this problem and (hopefully) a solution for it ?

I found the same problem, but unfortunately have no solution either.
Applications work fine (all multithreaded). The problem seems really to
be inside gdb. I tried to apply different patches I found on the net.
With no luck. The two different problems were either gdb dumping core
or some 'unknown signal' message from gdb, probably referring to
inter thread communication.

by the way, the core dump happens when the program is run,
not when it is loaded.

Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique