[omniORB] Bounded sequence bug in OmniORB or egcs ?

Bastiaan Bakker Bastiaan.Bakker@lifeline.nl
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:55:17 +0200

--------------380C1E1E7EBF3FC0F4C19A7A

Hi,

I found something that looks like a bug in either OmniORB or egcs: When
running 'testmain' based on the 'crash.idl' and 'testmain.cc' files
below, the executable crashes with a segfault in the constructor of
crash::SegvStruct. If you change the definition of SegvStruct to include
an unbounded sequence rather than a bounded one, everything is fine.
I've tested this with OmniORB 2.7.1 using egcs 1.1.2 on a RedHat 5.2
i386 Linux box.
Does anyone have a clue what's going on or how to solve or work around
it?

Thanks,

Bastiaan

crash.idl:

module crash {
   struct SegvStruct {
      sequence<SegvStruct, 1> die;
   };
};

testmain.cc:

#include "crash.hh"
#include <iostream.h>

main() {
   cerr << "before" << endl;
   crash::SegvStruct* killer = new crash::SegvStruct();
   cerr << "after" << endl;
}

--------------380C1E1E7EBF3FC0F4C19A7A

begin:          vcard