[omniORB] omniNames

Ole Dalgaard josua@cs.auc.dk
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 23:58:27 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi

I have a strange problem using omniORB2, after debuging and testing
for some hours, omniNames suddenly stops working. Even trying examples
from the omniORB2 distribution doesn't work.

josua@judah:~/down/omniORB_2.7.1/src/examples/echo> ./eg3_impl
Caught a system exception while using the naming service.
josua@judah:~/down/omniORB_2.7.1/src/examples/echo

It does not help to stop omniNames and then restart it. It seems like
omniNames has some kind of persistent memory. I have also tried to
delete the log files, which did not help either.

My machine is a dual P2 running linux, glibc 2.1.1 and using
egcs-1.1.2

Any suggestions?

Regards
Ole Dalgaard