[omniORB] Link error

Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:02:51 -0500

Double-check the Tools/Options/Directories/executables.  Make sure
<root directory for Omniorb>\lib\x86_win32 is specified.

Just a guess...
--- becs

From: "Hai Wang" <wangh@Teltec.DCU.IE> on 06/10/99 09:25 GMT

To:   omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
cc:    (bcc: Rebecca A Sanford/GDIS/GDYN)
Subject:  [omniORB] Link error

Hi all,
     I have got a problem to compile my program with an IDL
skeleton.The omniorb271 is installed in my PC with WinNT.
Following the instruction of Readme32, I tried to set some
environment variables for my application as
follows:
     1. Select the "Link" in "Setting" of the menu of VC++,
     2.In the category box, Select "input". in the "Object/library
modules" box, add the following libraries modules:
omniDynamic271_rtd.lib  omniORB271_rtd.lib   omnithread2_rtd.lib
wsock32.lib  advapi32.lib.

But, we compiled the application, my application could open these
libraries. i.e. a link error took place: LINK : fatal error LNK1104:
cannot open file "omniDynamic271_rtd.lib", I really get confused.
     By the way, I have to mention that I have set the path for omniorb
library directory ,i.e, <root directory for Omniorb>\lib,in my project.
     It is appreciated if any of you can give some suggestions or
answer
to the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Hai