[omniORB] omniORB2 / Java ORB interoperability study

Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com Rebecca.A.Sanford@gd-is.com
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:45:59 -0500

Comment about your study:

I noticed that you didn't fill in the box for sharing omniORB Naming
Service for the JavaSoft product.  I've been researching CORBA
interoperability using a Windows NT environment.  I've successfully
used omniNames with Java IDL (Java 2) servers and clients.  Likewise,
I've been able to use the Java IDL tnameserv with omniORB servers
and clients (although you must set omniORB's ORBInitialPort to 900
since the -ORBInitialPort command line option does not appear to be
recognized by tnameserv).

Just thought I'd pass along my 2-cents worth...
--- becs