[omniORB] Multi-threading policy in servers

Jose Luis Ajuria jlajuria@fatronik.com
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:31:18 +0200

Dear list-members,

I have been testing the default multitheading capabilities of an OmniORB
server (release 2.7.0 NT x86,VC++ 5.0, but I did not see no update about
this subject).
The test I do is the following:
I create a CORBA server, with a simple method that returns a value after
waiting for a given time. In this method I write an output when the method
execution starts and juest before it returns.
>From a client, I create several threads (20 i.e.) and in this threads I invoke
the server's method.
If I take a look at the server's output, I see that the server does not process
more than five methods at the same time, although the client has already
invoked more that five (20 i.e.).
I I try to invoke this method from another client at the same time I see that
the limitation if 5 methods per invoking client process (the server starts
running only 5 methods for
And the questions are:
Where is this limitation set (server queue, method dispatching, server
connection...)?
How could I increment the number of threads (or remove this limitation) ?
For my application perhaps this limit is too low. I do not even know the exact
number of invokes from a given client.

Thank you very much.
Best regards,

Jose Luis Ajuria