[omniORB] Compiling on Win32 with cygwin B20

Jake Morrison Jacob.Morrison@cdc.com
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:41:44 +0800

Hi Mikhail,

Just to clarify, I am only using Cygwin for the build process, i.e. GNU =
make.
I am compiling with MS Visual C++ (not that I like it).

It would be interesting to see if Mingw32 could do it.

> =20
> > I ran into a problem running the second example client (eg2_clt).
> > If I include single quotes around the IOR string that the server
> > spits out, the client fails with "Caught a system exception.".
> > Without the quotes, everything works fine.
>=20
> I think that quotes should not be put into the command-line argument =
at
> all. At least, all the examples I have seen (not omniORB only) do not.

Well, the example programs print out the IOR with quotes around it, and =
the
examples in the README file use the single quotes, so it is an easy =
mistake
to make while cutting and pasting.

Maybe the examples should be changed to skip printing the quotes, as =
they
cause problems with the brain-dead shell on NT.

>=20
> Best regards,
> 		Mikhail

Regards,