[omniORB] linker errors building omniORB_280pre1 on NT 4.0

Lars Immisch lars@ibp.de
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:05:50 +0200

Sai-Lai Lo:
> Hm.. Perhaps the creation of omniORB2.def was interrupted and you have a
> zero length file? Try delete omniORB* in the sharedlib directory and try
> again.
>=20
> Here is an explanation of how the dll is created:
>=20
> 1. THe file omniORB2.def is created by a pipeline of dumpbin, sort and =
grep
> to extract the export symbols in the library.
>=20
> 2. The linker is then invoked with omniORB2.def as the argument.

Thanks. The omniORB2.def file was fine (at least the one in =
orbcore/sharedlib), but there must have been something else wrong in orbcore =
from a previous attempt to compile the source with the wrong SORT defined.

I have rebuilt the orbcore and that did it.

Thanks,

Lars=