[omniORB] Bug?

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:02:55 +0000

youzhong liu wrote:

> Thanks very much for your reply. I'm clear about your reply. The memory
> allocation for the parameter to be passed at the client side is ok. Would
> you please explain a little more about your suggestion? Thanks a lot!

given your interface

> > > typedef sequence<float>   float_seq;
> > >
> > > interface Echo{
> > >      void floatSeq  (in float_seq x);
> > > };

the client has to allocate the sequence twice, once explicitely in your
call to floatSeq() and once by the OBR when receiving the reply (the return
value). May be even if the first allocation was done correctly the system
generated a bad_alloc when receiving the reply. But then, the ORB should
catch the exception and throw another, CORBA exception...Anyway, I couldn't
find any docs about how ORBs should deal with this kind of system exceptions.

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal