[omniORB] Re: Orbacus and omniOrb

Philippe.Merle@lifl.fr Philippe.Merle@lifl.fr
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:42:23 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I have forwarded my reply into the omniorb mailing list
as this information can interest other people.

> From: Jonas Andersen <jones@jones.inder.net>
> To: Philippe.Merle@lifl.fr
> Subject: Orbacus and omniOrb
>
> I saw in your message regarding CorbaScript and omniORB2 that you are
> using the IFR from Orbacus.

Right.

> Have you had any success using the omniNames
> from orbacus? I'm especially interested in omniORB2 for C++ and Orbacus
> for Java.
> Only sucess is using nameclt (from omniORB) with the nameservice from
> Orbacus.

I have tried nameclt from omniORB with the Name Service provided by ORBacus
and this doesn't work: the nameclt says that the IOR provided is not a
CosNaming::NamingContext. And it is a name service:-(

In CorbaScript, there is a Name Service shell that works in the previous
context :-)

> Any hints?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jonas Andersen

A+
Philippe Merle
Philippe Merle
Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille
URA 369 CNRS
Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Lille  Tel:    (33) 03 20 43 47 21
U.F.R. I.E.E.A. batiment M3                       Fax:    (33) 03 20 43 65 66
59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq CEDEX France              E-Mail: merle@lifl.fr
						  Web: http://www.lifl.fr/~merle