[omniORB] Gdb under linux6 ???

Bjorn Wennberg bjornw@tihlde.org
19 Jul 1999 11:09:54 +0200

weissman@gte.com writes:

> When I run any omniOrb program, like the omniNames under
> gdb under linux6, gdb crashes while loading.  Its probably
> a gdb bug, but does anybody else see this?
>
> The programs work fine outside of gdb.
>
> I running using omniORB_2.7.1_x86_linux_2.0_glibc.tar.gz on
>
> Linux 6
>
> uname -a
> Linux gogo 2.2.5-15 #1 Mon Apr 19 23:00:46 EDT 1999 i686 unknown
>
> gdb --version
> GNU gdb 4.17.0.11 with Linux support
>
> It has the same problem when I compile it myself instead of using
> the precompiled versions.
As mentioned earlier the multithreading-patches made for redhat-5.2
and gdb-4.17 does not seem to work with redhat-6.0 and either gdb-4.17
and gdb-4.18.

Yesterday I tried to apply different patches to different versions
of gdb under redhat-5.2 - but either gdb reported that the signal-
handlers were incorrect or it core-dumped directly after starting
the debug-program.

Since I've just upgraded to redhat-6.0 I'm equally anxious to get
gdb up and running. I'll try to contact H.J Lu or some other to
get the status.

Cheers>