[omniORB] MSVCRT.dll problems

Peter Ledbrook p.ledbrook@psenterprise.com
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:32:55 +0100

Janet Truitt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am building applications on a machine that runs on WinNT.  I am wanting to
> test my applications on a LAN with machines running Win95.  The applications
> run with no problem on the NT machine, but I get the following error when I
> run them on the W95 machine:
>
> The *.exe files is linked to missing export MSVCRT.dll:_chkesp.
>
> My goal is to eventually run the client and the server on separate machines,
> but I can't even get them to work on one of the WIN95 machines.  The
> msvcrt.dll is on the machine.  Has anyone ever seen this problem, or do you
> have any idea what this error might mean?  I am using MSVC++ 6.0 and have
> tried several permutations of project settings to no avail.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time.
> Janet Truitt

Not all Msvcrt.dlls are equal, even though they have the same name. You will
need to copy the version of the library that you are linking against to all the
computers that you wish to run your program on. In this case you will need to
copy the library from C:\Winnt\System32 on the NT box.

I also recommend that you get Visual C++ service pack 3 which has the very
latest version of Msvcrt.dll in it; the original one that comes with Visual C++
6 causes programs that link against the C++ 5 version to crash.

Peter
--
Peter Ledbrook

tel: 0181 563 0888