[omniORB] Cannot resolve initial reference to Name Service

Greg Jones greg_jones@federal.crc.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:25:58 -0400

Hi,

I have come across an error resolving the initial reference to the Name
Service. I had this problem once before and found the cause to be in the
omniORB.cfg. However, this time, the .cfg file appears to be correct. I receive
only on error when executing:

	"Aborted"

Obviously, the error occurs when executing this line:

	initServ = orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");

The omniORB env variables are set to:

	OMNIORB_CONFIG=/path/to/cfg/file/omniORB.cfg
	OMNINAMES_LOGDIR=/path/to/log/files/
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/omniORB/lib/
		- the library files have been propogated up one level from the
		i586... dir so they reside under ./lib/.

omniNames is running and the omniORB.cfg file contains the correct IOR string,
assuming the proper syntax is:

	NAMESERVICE IOR:<string>

I have read the omniORB faq and searched many times for other possible
solutions but none seem to help.  I am using the egcs compiler with pgcs 1.1.3
patch, omniORB 2.7.1, and SuSE Linux 6.1. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Greg