[omniORB] Performance Question

Rutenkröger, Jens JRutenkroeger@mbi-os.de
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:44:34 +0200

Hello!

I would like to know, if someone else got problems
running a server build with VisiBroker as a NT-service.

In our case the following happened:

The server runs as a NT-service and the client as normal
application on the same machine.
If the function called by the client needs more than five
seconds on the server, the client catches CORBA::TRANSIENT
and retries the call, so one thread after another is started
on the server.
If the client runs on another PC this bavior dissapears.

So for me it seems, that Visigenic has some problems with
the local communication.

I ported to omniORB2 and everything works fine.

Nice Greetings

Jens Rutenkröger

Jens Rutenkröger                    MBI Software Company
Diplom-Physiker                     Buersche Straße 1 - 5
Software-Engineer                   D-49074 Osnabrück
mailto:jrutenkroeger@mbi-os.de      Telefon: 0541/3550-0
                                    Telefax:  0541/ 3550-199
                                    http://www.mbisoftware.de