Antw: [omniORB] Problem with ORB shutdown on Windows 95

Andi Kessler Andi.Kessler@sarasin.ch
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 13:48:43 +0200

I have a similar Problem with Windows NT:
I use omniORB within a COM Object which is loaded by Excel. Presumably =
Excel is an MFC application.
The problem is that the Excel process cannot terminate!
It unloads the dll in which resides my COMServer, and the OutScavengerThrea=
dKiller calls its destructor.
The outScavenger_t thread then calls
   _endthreadex(0);
and the OutScavengerThreadKiller dtor calls
   WaitForSingleObject
and both hang indefinitely.
Any ideas why? I am using OmniORB 2.7.1 on Windows NT 4.0 with VC++6.0 =
sp3.
If I call omniORB::idleConnectionScanPeriod(omniORB::idleOutgoing,0) as =
you indicated,
the process terminates without problems.

andi
kessler@math.unibas.ch=20