[omniORB] Strange code produced by omniidl2

Nick Brook ncb@adaptivebroadband.com
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 10:25:19 +0100

David.Chung@USPTO.GOV wrote:

>         My earlier e-mail made embarassing statements  -- I must have been
> qute confused.
>
>         IDL doesnot permit forward declarations for anything except
> interfaces.
> As it stands, you are trying to forward declare bs module.  So, it won't
> compile.
> [see, p. 74 of "Advanced CORBA Programming with C++", by Henning and
> Vinoski].

yeah, but I AM forward declaring an interface. It just happens to be in
a module (the declaration syntax for declaring an interface within a
module is
module xxx {
 interface yyy;
};
from p.102 of my copy of the same book (probably later edition)).

Anyway, the IDL DOES compile to code, it just creates dodgy code in this
case (IMO).

Nick