[omniORB] omniORB 2.7.0 is released!

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
26 Jan 1999 16:07:36 +0000

>      Hi.
>      I just tried to switch from 2.6.1 to 2.7.0 (Windows NT 4.0, MSVC 5.0).
>      Now, I get a exception when accessing a MemBufferedStream.  A sample
>      of my code is below.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

>      Datum& a_datum;

>      MemBufferedStream buffer((_CORBA_Char *)a_datum.m_dptr);

>      unsigned long len;
>      len <<= buffer;    //I receive an exception here

>      The constructor for MemBufferedStream was changed from 2.6.1 to 2.7.0.
>       I believe there is a bug here but I am not familiar enough with the
>      code to be sure.  Can someone help me out?

Byrne,

Warning! MemBufferedStream is an internal interface and is not intended to
be used in the application code. The interface has indeed been cleaned up
in 2.7.0. All the changes should be transparent if you stay with the C++
mapping as defined in the CORBA spec.

May be there are other compliant ways to do what you want.

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND