[omniORB] #include in .IDL file works incorrectly!!!

Rusty Carruth c1040@azfms.com
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:20:01 -0700

> Thanks.  I didn't realize grep could do such things ... the DOS greps I've used
> could not.  There's no 'cat' in Windows or DOS;  but that's easy to workaround.

Its either grep or egrep that has the '-v' (invert) flag.  REALLY handy...

> >Or, use m4 instead of the c preprocessor...
>
> What's m4?

m4 is a macro processor program.  Its used a lot by folks doing sendmail
configuration (and possibly smail, I don't know).  (Used for reasons I won't
bore anyone with ;-).

Anyway, its a macro processor.  Here's part of the man page on my Solaris machine:

m4(1)                     User Commands                     m4(1)

NAME
     m4 - macro processor

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/ccs/bin/m4 [ -e ] [ -s ] [ -B int ] [ -H int ]
          [ -S int ] [ -T int ] [ -Dname [=val] ] ...
          [ -U name ] ...  [ file ...  ]

     /usr/xpg4/bin/m4 [ -e ] [ -s ] [ -B int ] [ -H int ]
          [ -S int ] [ -T int ] [ -Dname [=val] ] ...
          [ -U name ] ...  [ file ...  ]

AVAILABILITY
  /usr/ccs/bin/m4
     SUNWcsu

  /usr/xpg4/bin/m4
     SUNWxcu4
 DESCRIPTION
     The m4 command is a macro processor intended as a front  end
     for C, assembler, and other languages.  Each of the argument
     files is processed in order; if there are no files, or if  a
     file  is  -, the standard input is read.  The processed text
     is written on the standard output.

  Macro Syntax
     Macro calls have the form:

          name(arg1,arg2, ..., argn)

     The ( must immediately follow the name of the macro.  If the
     name of a defined macro is not followed by a (, it is deemed
     to be a call of that macro  with  no  arguments.   Potential
     macro  names  consist  of alphanumeric characters and under-
     score (_), where the first character is not a digit.

     Leading unquoted blanks,  TABs,  and  NEWLINEs  are  ignored
     while  collecting  arguments.   Left and right single quotes
     are used to quote strings.  The value of a quoted string  is
     the string stripped of the quotes.

...LOTS of stuff deleted....

Anyway, its probably easier to just run your stuff through the c pre
processor, since that's what you're doing anyway...

rusty.