[omniORB] method call in nbufferedstream.cc

David Byron dbyron@coactive.com
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:19:29 -0800

In nbufferedstream.cc, I'm having a problem compiling the following line of code from NetBufferedStream::WrUnlock()

    Strand_Sync::WrUnlock();

Strand_Sync comes from:

typedef Strand::Sync Strand_Sync;

in rope.h.

Anyway, there is a static function in class Strand::Sync called WrUnlock.  It's signature is:

    static void WrUnlock(Strand* s);

>From this, it would appear that the call in nbufferedstream.cc is missing an argument.  Another possibility is that the desired method is:

    void WrUnlock(_CORBA_Boolean held_rope_mutex=0);

which is a protected method in class Strand::Sync.

If this is the desired method, then the Strand_Sync:: would be removed.  Doing this causes the code to compile fine.  To note, I'm using the Metaware High C/C++ compiler...

So the question is, which of the two WrUnlock methods is supposed to be called here?

Thanks for your help.

-DB
---
David Byron                     dbyron@coactive.com
Coactive Networks, Inc.         http://www.coactive.com
4000 Bridgeway, Suite 303       voice:(415)289-1722
Sausalito, CA  94965            fax:(415)289-1320