[omniORB] Failure to connect to omninames

Manfred Knemeyer knemeyer@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 22:40:45 -0700

Thank you for the response, Dietmar.
The MS Loopback Adapter seems to be an NT thing;
it is not available on Windows-95.

My concern about loopback appears unfounded.
A "localhost" configuration should be adequate.
Sorry to learn that others also have not been able
to get omninames to run on standalone Windows-95.