[omniORB] Any handling with typedef:ed sequences in 2.7.0.

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:50:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Teemu Torma wrote:

> David Riddoch wrote:
> >
> > If you check the kind() of the TypeCode you are looking at you will see
> > that it is a CORBA::tk_sequence. This is because the DynAny interface in
> > omniORB2 alias expands all TypeCodes it uses.
>
> I know that kind() returns tk_sequence.
>
> Is there any way to get the typedef out?  I am just interested to pretty-print
> contents of CORBA::Any, so I'd like to show all possible information.

If you look at the TypeCode stored with the Any, it *will* contain the
alias. It is only TypeCodes associated with DynAnys which are
alias-expanded. So I'm afraid that this means you will need to
simultaneously traverse the TypeCode and the DynAny.

David