[omniORB] Oddities in running OmniOrb client/server

Judy Anderson yduj@harlequin.com
Wed, 24 Feb 99 14:57:39 EST

    From: Duncan Grisby <dgrisby@uk.research.att.com>
    Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:31:41 +0000

    On Wednesday 24 February, Judy Anderson wrote:

    [...]

    > I understand that OmniOrb has this threaded model, and my application
    > is in theory able to handle this.  However, the strange behavior I'm
    > seeing is with a single-threaded client and no other clients are
    > active.  I would really expect serialization of my operations, driven
    > simply by the single-threadedness of the client.

    Another question: are your operations declared as oneway?  If not,
    then there is no way for a single-threaded client to do multiple
    invocations (unless you're using the DII's deferred response stuff,
    but I assume you aren't).

There are no oneway declarations.  Indeed, it was my thought that
"this can't happen" -- I think I have to spend some more time trying
to bull through it.  And, you are correct, we are not using DII.

						--yduJ