[omniORB] Object reference

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:08:51 +0100

Andrew,
        just use the skeleton constructor which takes a key as a paramete=
(instead of accepting the default constructor which builds a random key).
That key for OmniORB is actually a long triplet; a good way I commonly us=
for building the same key value is to take a crc32 as a hash of the
Interface Repository ID of an interface. This solution has the nice side
effect of detecting version mismatch between actual implementation and ID=
definition. A bad side effect is to not allow for multiple instances of s=
uch
an object within the same address space.
It's a non-portable solution, but I think it can be easily adapted to oth=
er
ORBs since I expect anyone would accomodate space for 32 bits in an obj r=
ef
(assuming the other two triplet components are kept constant).
Hope this helps,
                                             Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 771514
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it