[omniORB] HP-UX: Strange behaviour after server application exits

Jan Lessner jan@c-lab.de
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:29:29 +0100

Hello omniORB'ers
I ran into a pretty strange problem with my omniORB server applications
on HP UX: If the server prints out anything on standard error or
standard output during its lifetime, the prompt in the controlling
terminal runs through after server termination as if someone permanently
hits the RETURN key. The server application definitely terminated
already at this point as I can see from a ps command from anoher window.
The terminal I started the server application from is unusable
afterwards, I can't do anything but closing it.
As the server application worked well and terminated regulary (and works
fine on any other platform too), I guess this is a weakness of the HP
operating system. However, I never encountered a behaviour like this
except in *every* omniORB server application . So if anybody of you ran
into this proplem before and found a way to get around it, please let me
know.

Regards,
Jan Lessner, C-LAB