[omniORB] error message when compiling a trivial IDL file

Herve Lehoux hlehoux@adways.com
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:15:35 +0100

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, you wrote:
>Hi, I am new to omniORB. I got error messages while compiling the following
>IDL file, anyone can help?
>
>--------------------------------------
>
>typedef struct tmpstru1_ {
>	long j;
>	[size_is (j) ] long  * x;
>} tmpstru1;
>---------------------------------------

this seems to be more of an RPC-IDL definition file, no ?

Corba-IDL and RPC or Microsoft COM IDLs are different and incompatible.

consult the omg web site for the syntax of corba-idl language.

for your example this would be something like :

typedef sequence <long> tmpstru1;

you would get the length (as with size_is) with the length() method and set it
with the length(int long) method.

You will find interesting programming examples and IDL to C++ mapping in the
Orbix and/or Visibroker programmers' guide on the web as well.

Rgds, Herve.