[omniORB] Re: omniORB and egcs-1.1.1 for Win32

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
02 Feb 1999 14:42:10 +0000

Hello Steven,

I don't know of anyone trying omniORB2 with egcs-1.1.1 for windows. As the
source already compiles with egcs on other platforms, I guess there won't
be much problem there.

However, you may encounter some difficulties in building DLLs and importing
DLLs. The way MSVC++ does this at the moment is diabolical. Let me know if
you need some explanation on how we currently build the DLLs.

The thread issue is interesting. Surely a pthread implementation would go
someway to address the issues of doing Current object.

Sai-Lai