[omniORB] sequence<> size problem ??

Grohmann, Axel grohmann@ike.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 09:31:35 +0100

Hello Herve,

> has anyone experienced problems with size of sequences with omniorb, or maybe i
> made a stupid programming error ?

I have never run into this kind of problem, but it reminds me of an issue that has
been discussed on the mailing list before: omniORB has a variable that defines the
maximum size of a message that can come in. This variable defaults to 1 or 2 MB.
The idea behind is a protection of your server; too large a messsage is blocked
off, so your server is not stuffed with bytes beyond its control. You can set this
variable on startup if you need a larger message size. However, I am sorry that I
do not know the name of this variable anymore. Just search the mailing list
archive.

Axel

--
Axel Grohmann

Department of Knowledge Engineering and Numeric, IKE
University of Stuttgart
Pfaffenwaldring 31
D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: 0049 711 685-2130