[omniORB] omniORBpy: import _GlobalIDL

Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:40:15 +0000

On Tuesday 21 December, Robert Sander wrote:

> I have an idl-File compiled with "omniidl -bpython", resulting the
> directory _GlobalIDL and a file_idl.py, which is imported from
> _GlobalIDL/__init__.py
>
> Now when I do an interactive python session starting with the interpreter
> and the importing _GlobalIDL by hand, I see everything I need with
> dir(_GlobalIDL). But within a "#!/usr/bin/python"-script importing
> _GlobalIDL and the dir(_Global_IDL) reveals only ['__doc__', '__name__'].

I don't know why it isn't working for you. I've just tried it, and it
works as expected -- the same things are visible from a script as from
the interactive command line. Are you sure that /usr/bin/python is the
same python executable as you get if you just run "python"?  Are you
sure that the PYTHONPATH is the same each time?