[omniORB] If client deads method continues to run in server ?

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:18:46 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Ceyhun =D6ZG=DCN wrote:

> I have a question.
> A client performs an operation on an object. While server method runs
> a while, for example one or two hours, client programs terminates.
> I wonder if OmniOrb delete the thread while runnig that long method.
> Can OmniOrb distinguish that client terminated?.

No, there is no way omniORB can tell if a client has died during a call.
You could implement that yourself though.  For example the client could
pass an object reference to the server, and the server would periodically
'ping' that object (in the client) to see if it is still alive.

Cheers,
David