[omniORB] FreeBSD and omniORBpy

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:22:06 +0000

On Tuesday 14 December, Brad Chapman wrote:

[...]

> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/omniORB/src/appl/omniNames'
> + rm -f omniNames
> + g++295 -pthread -s -o omniNames -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused
> -L../../../lib/x86_freebsd_3.2 omniNames.o NamingContext_i.o log.o
> omniNames.o: In function `main':
> omniNames.o(.text+0x433): undefined reference to `CORBA::ORB_init(int &,

For some reason, the link command isn't including the omniORB
libraries.

[...]
> The makefiles didn't build the stubs first. If I don't manually run
> omniidl2, the compile with complain about missing echo.hh files.

The makefiles should automatically build the stubs. I think there must
be something broken about either your set-up or the platform file for
FreeBSD. I'm afraid that we don't have any FreeBSD machines here, so
it's very hard for me to help.