[omniORB] how to get a RootContext

Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:54:31 +0000

On Monday 13 December, Masaaki Sekiya wrote:

> And I'm trying to get a RootContextObject of a arbitary Naming Server.
> I made a code like below. It works how I expect.
> But I am concerned whether this code has some bugs.
> Are there any harmful point in this code or a better code ?
> If you are aware of , I would be extremely appreciative for it.

[...code to talk to bootstrap agent...]

The code you posted will work, provided both the client and the Naming
service are omniORB. It is extremely non-standard. It stands no chance
of working with other ORBs. Once the interoperable naming service
specification is finalised, there will be a standard way to do this
(with much less code).