[omniORB] #pragma version

Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:17:52 +0000

On Tuesday 14 December, Douglas Kosovic wrote:

> interface IRObject {
>   #pragma version IRObject 2.3
>   readonly attribute DefinitionKind def_kind;
>   void destroy();
> };
>
> I get the following error message:
>   line 2: Illegal syntax following interface '{' opener

Unfortunately, omniidl2 is broken, and doesn't support the above
IDL. It is, however, happy with

interface IRObject {
  readonly attribute DefinitionKind def_kind;
  void destroy();
};
#pragma version IRObject 2.3

We're not especially keen to fix it since our new IDL compiler does
support #pragma inside an interface. The new omniidl is already used
by the Python ORB, and will soon be used with omniORB3.